2021 COVID-19 Protocols
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, Journey is committed to offering an affordable, excellent summer camp experience, introducing students to Jesus, and discipling those who already believe. We commit to both accomplishing the mission of Journey and prioritizing the health and safety of those in attendance. Below are the safety protocols that Journey Camps and Toccoa Falls College will implement in the summer of 2021 to ensure the safety and well-being of campers and staff.
- Journey is monitoring all local, state, and federal guidelines pertaining to summer camps. This includes regulations about housing, dining, activities, etc.
- Face covering will be optional in all indoor spaces where groups are gathered and outdoor areas when proper social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Journey will assess gathering sizes in sessions and the cafeteria, adding additional shifts and sessions where group sizes exceed state guidelines.
- Daily health screening will be mandatory for all staff. This will include temperature checks and checking for any COVID related symptoms.
- Journey will train and hold staff responsible for maintaining the standards outlined in this document, in addition the CDC recommendations.
- Upon entry, and at the beginning of each day, staff will screen each student for COVID-19 related symptoms and check their temperature.
- Students will be required to use hand sanitizing stations when entering each building, leaving programs, and entering housing facilities.
Increased Campus Cleaning Procedures:
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Used surfaces in the auditorium and cafeteria will be cleaned and disinfected between each session.
- All sports and activity equipment will be sanitized between uses.
- Journey staff will increase sanitization and cleaning schedules in all occupied buildings.
- Social distancing will be enforced and the cafeteria will operate at half capacity.
- No self-service/buffet style areas. The deli and salad bar will be limited to prepackaged items.
- Disposable plates/silverware.
Journey Camp will continue to monitor local, state, and federal regulations as camp quickly approaches. If there are any changes, our committed churches will be notified immediately. If you have any questions regarding the policies above, please let us know.